All personal data that we collect through the use of the PullReview Services remain under our special care. Below you will find the explanation of issues related to ensuring security for your personal data in the form of answers to the following questions:
- Who collects and processes data collected?
- What kind of information is collected?
- For what purpose do we collect your personal data?
- How do we store and use the information collected?
- For what purpose do we not use personal data?
- Whom your personal data may be shared with?
- How can you update your personal information?
- How do we communicate with the user?
1. Who collects and processes data collected?
The Administrator of your personal data within the meaning of the Belgian law of 8 December 1992 (amended by the law of 11 December 1998 transposing Directive 95/46/EC) on the processing of personal data, is SPRL 8th Color, a Belgian company with registered office located rue des Pères Blancs, 4 in 1040 Brussels (Belgium) and registered with the Legal Entity Register under number 0839.165.905.
2. What kind of information is collected?
Information provided by you during registration:
- Contact information: your name, company name, address, phone number, email address, GitHub account (GitHub username, information mentioned in your public profile (email, URL, Company, Location), primary email and other emails used to identify the author, identification information.
- Information obtained by 8th Color automatically while using the PullReview Services: IP addresses of the computer you use to access our services, browser’s type and browser’s language.
- 8th Color has also access to other of the data stored and processed by users, such as: source code and other Content submitted to 8th Color while using the PullReview Services, as well as history of operations performed by users. However, 8th Color does not own, transfer, share, control or direct the use of any of those information on any condition. Only the users are entitled to retrieve and direct the use of such information.
3. For what purpose do we collect your personal data?
All of the collected personal data are processed solely to perform the services requested. As for credit cards information, they are used solely to check the financial qualifications of prospective users and to collect payment for the services.
For the above mentioned purposes, the data may be used, in particular, to:
- help diagnose problems with our servers and administer the site;
- keep track of your activities on the site in order to determine your preferences, so that the service can be adapted to your requirements and needs;
- operate and improve the site;
- contact you about your interest in the Services;
- protect our rights and property and the rights of users of the site;
- ensure efficient technical services;
- build statistics after anonymization of data.
If you do not wish to receive marketing mailings, please send an email to email@example.com.
4. How do we store and use the information collected?
All your personal data, contained in the registration form or obtained during the use of the PullReview Services, are stored and processed in accordance with the law, in particular the Belgian law of 8 December 1992 (amended by the law of 11 December 1998 transposing Directive 95/46/EC) on the processing of personal data.
A collection of personal data is stored on the Server in the same matter as the rest of your data. However we do provide adequate protection for all data on the Server in following way:
In order to protect your data from unauthorized access, unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction, the appropriate security measures are used. They include: internal audit of the data collected, procedures of storing and processing and the safety measures in the form of physical security measures to protect against unauthorized access to systems that store your personal data.
The range of entities that have access to your personal data is limited. Those are only our subcontractors, technicians, service providers, persons cooperating and other agents for which it is necessary in order to support the development or improvement of the services and in connection with the provision of services to you. These individuals are bound by obligations of confidentiality and in the event of non-compliance with these obligations shall be subject to disciplinary measures, including termination of the agreement and criminal penalties.
5. For what purpose do we not use personal data?
Your personal data will not be sold by us or, in any other commercial manner, be made available to third parties.
6. Whom your personal data may be shared with?
The collected personal data may be shared with other companies or individuals only in the circumstances permitted by law and in the following circumstances:
- financial data shall be made available to a payment service solely in order to implement the Internet payment in connection with your use of the Services.
- the information shall be transmitted at the request of the Court, the public prosecutor's Office, police or other authority, in case of infringement of the legislation by the users.
- we may use third party analytics services to help understand your use of our services such as Google Analytics. None are used for now.
- we may use anonymous statistics to help understand your use of our services, to improve the product, for marketing, or to publish interesting insights into code review, code quality, software development and use of PullReview.
8th Color reserves the right to disclose the general censuses. Such statements relate mainly to general view of the Services and do not include data permitting the identification of the individual user.
7. How can you update your personal information?
As a user of the site, you have the right to access your personal data and correct erroneous or outdated information. Users may update or change their registration information by logging in to their accounts at https://www.pullreview.com/.Requests to delete your information will be handled within 30 days.
Data collected automatically, as well as the data obtained by the administrator of the site on the occasion of your payment transactions, will not be able to be changed or removed. Billing data will be stored for as long as is necessary for the conduct of the accounts. Other data will be deleted within 30 days.
8. How do we communicate with the user?
Users cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with PullReview. You may, however, send a request specifying your communications preferences to firstname.lastname@example.org. Communication with you in other matters relating to your use of the services may be held by an e-mail, ordinary mail, by telephone or otherwise.
8th Color may provide bulletin boards, blogs or chat rooms on the Website. 8th Color shall not be liable for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement or how your data is handled, you may contact us at email@example.com.
- 2013-10-03: first version.