This error code 80072EFE hints to connection interruption ?which means there is a problem connecting to Windows Update.
Method 1: Using tdsskiller.exe to remove rootkit files. Since a malware interference can do a lot more damage than preventing you to update, we’ll start with it.
Method 2: Disabling firewalls and antiviruses.
Method 3: Deleting the CatRoot2 folder.
Method 4: Resetting the Local Group Policy of Windows.
How to manually run Windows Update in Windows 7?
To check for new updates when configuring Windows Update settings: Open Windows Settings (Windows key + i).
Select Update & Security.
Select Windows Update from the bottom left menu.
In the right pane, tap the functions of the Search button.
How to troubleshoot Windows 7 update issues?
To use the troubleshooter to fix issues with Windows Update, follow these steps: Open “Settings”.
Click Update & Security.
In the “Get up and go” section, select “Windows Update”.
Click the Run Basic Troubleshooter button. Source: Windows headquarters.
Click the Close button.
How to fix 0x80070570 error during Windows 7 upgrade?
To do this, follow these steps: Restart your computer.
Insert the original Windows CD/DVD for the current installation
Boot from your current drive
DO NOT PRESS “R” TO ENTER THE RECOVERY CONSOLE – continue by pressing ENTER
Select the Windows installation you want to display
Press R to fix
If the repair works, restart your computer
Try upgrading to Windows 7 again
How do I fix Windows Update error 80072EFE or 80072f76?
To do this, follow the steps below for Windows?
- Open update. Click Start, then click Windows Update in the Start Search box.
- Subscribe to Microsoft Update. Click Get more updated products, then click Submit to Microsoft Update.
- Get updates with Microsoft Update.
How do I fix Windows Update error 80072efe or 80072f76?
Just download the patch and run it. Are you following your steps to do so?
- Open Windows Update. Click “Start”, then type “windows in update” in the “Start Search” box. …
- Turn on Microsoft Update. Click Get Update to get more coins, then sign up for Microsoft Update.
- Get updates from Microsoft Update.
How do I fix Windows could not search for the new update error 80072efe?
How to get started with Windows update errors?
- Run 80072efe for malware.
- Run… Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Run… the network adapter troubleshooter. …
- Delete the catroot2 folder related to Windows Update. …
- Delete the software distribution folder. …
- Install KB3138612 Update 7 (Windows Hotfix) manually
Ermias is a tech writer with a passion for helping people solve Windows problems. He loves to write and share his knowledge with others in the hope that they can benefit from it. He’s been writing about technology and software since he was in college, and has been an avid Microsoft fan ever since he first used Windows 95.