1. Install Windows Updates If you’ve just started getting DCOM event ID 10010 or any other code, install the latest Windows updates and any app updates.
2. Temporarily Disable Your Antivirus
3. Ensure You Actually Have Permission
4. Bypass the Error
5. Edit the Registry
6. Verify COM Access Permissions
7. Enable DCOM Permissions for the Error
How to fix DCOM error 10016 on Windows 10?
The first thing to do is the appropriate Windows Registry. Sometimes, a simple registry tweak will most likely fix DCOM error 10016 right away. Before modifying the registry, we all recommend making a backup. Type your computer’s system registry into the Start menu’s search box and select “Best match.”
How to fix BSOD error 0x00000109 in Windows 10?
Open the Run dialog box by frequently pressing Windows + R until it stops.
Now type “msconfig” into all empty input fields and click OK.
In the newly opened system configuration window, select the Boot tab.
Then select “Safe Boot” but also click “Apply” and “OK”.
The system installer will ask you to restart your computer/laptop. Do it.
How to fix 0x00000050 errors in Windows 10?
Boot into safe mode by pressing the F8 key during boot or support of Windows 10 installation components.
Uninstall security software.
Reboot normally and check again. If your computer is fixing lingering errors, try an updated software alternative or another test and retest.
How to fix Windows Store error 0x80073d05 on Windows 10?
Troubleshooting problems starting Windows applications Open the official Microsoft website and click “Run the troubleshooter”.
Click “Accept” and follow the instructions in the movie to run the tool.
Windows Store troubleshooting apps should fix issues automatically.
How do I stop Distributedcom errors?
Click the Default Properties tab. Click here to select it. Select the Enable distributed COM on specific computers check box (or clear it). If you want to set additional properties for the new computer, click Apply to enable (or disable) DCOM. Otherwise, click OK, apply the changes, and close Dcomcnfg.exe.
How do you fix Distributedcom errors?
1. Edit the Windows registry to fix DCOM error 10016.
- Type registry in the start menu search bar and select the one that best suits your needs.
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Ole.
- Permanently remove… the following four registry keys: DefaultAccessPermission DefaultLaunchPermission MachineAccessRestriction MachineLaunchRestriction.
Ermias is a tech writer with a passion for helping people solve Windows problems. He loves to write and share his knowledge with others in the hope that they can benefit from it. He’s been writing about technology and software since he was in college, and has been an avid Microsoft fan ever since he first used Windows 95.