This error typically indicates a corrupted InstallShield or registry keys. Take the following steps to install Installshield: Ensure you have enough disk space on the hard drive. Rename the Installshield folder (C:\Program Files (X86)\Common Files\Installshield) and attempt to reinstall.
“1607 unable to install InstallShield scripting run time” error often occurs when trying to install InstallShield on Windows 10. After investigating extensive user reports and forums, we come to the conclusion that the runtime error is mainly caused by corrupt InstallShield files or registry keys.
An InstallShield error may appear when trying to install the latest version of an IBM Rational product. Full error message: Error 1607: Unable to configure the InstallShield scripting runtime.
• Another Windows Installer-based installer is launched. I would probably suggest renaming the script installation folder on the computer. Right-click b) the Installshield folder, then click Rename. C) Type InstallShield1 and press ENTER. D) Try to install the game in the market. If the handicap does not disappear, go to method 2.
Install the InstallShield InstallScript engine. To do this, you need to click the following link to download the IsScript ZIP file: When prompted to save or run the file, select the Save option and select a save location, such as your preferred desktop. Once the file download is complete, double click on our own file to open it.
Why is 1607 unable to install InstallShield scripting?
Missing corrupted files or InstallField is always the root cause of error 1607: Unable to install InstallShield scripts for lessons. In this case, you can fix the problem by renaming the InstallShield folder. Here’s how: Step 1. Press the Win + E keys to open File Explorer, then navigate to the help root directory (local drive C). 2nd step.
How do I fix InstallShield scripting runtime?
Error 1607: Installshield failed to select a script runtime for most of the installation.
- Make sure you have enough disk space.
- Rename the Installshield directory (C:\Program Files\Installshield)(x86)\common and boot with the new install.
- Remove the installer from C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations.
How do I fix installshield scripting runtime?
Error 1607: Installshield could not be set during install script execution.
- Make sure you have enough space on the hard drive.
- Rename the Installshield folder (C:\Program Files (X86)\Common Files\Installshield) and try installing it. again.
- Delete these installation files in c:\windows\downloaded installation folder.
How to install InstallShield scripting on Windows XP?
Open the Start menu, select Run, C:\\Program Type Files\\Common Files\\InstallShield\\Developer\\Intel 32\\IDriver./REGSERVER,exe, then click OK. Open Start Select menu, Run, type C:\\Windows\\System32\\msiexec.exe /REGSERVER, then click the OK button in the software. Note. Here we are assuming that C: is the system drive of your destination Windows XP computer.
Ermias is a tech writer with a passion for helping people solve Windows problems. He loves to write and share his knowledge with others in the hope that they can benefit from it. He’s been writing about technology and software since he was in college, and has been an avid Microsoft fan ever since he first used Windows 95.