On the Tools menu, select Options.
Select the Player tab, select the Download codecs automatically check box, and then select OK.
Try to play the file.
1. Go to Control Panel.
2. In the search bar, at the top right, type “troubleshooting”.
3. Click on the result.
4. Click View all from the list on the left.
5. Select Windows Media Player Settings. Then, select Next and follow the steps in the wizard.
How to troubleshoot Windows Media Player?
Run built-in patches. There are usually three fixes available; Windows Media Settings, Windows Media Player DVD, and Windows Media Player Library.
Use the recovery method to get back. Enable, disable, manage, delete, or create a system restore point.
Run the Fix WMP utility.
Do not use Windows Media Player.
How do I repair Windows Media Player in Windows 10?
Press key + R, Windows also type “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft” and press Enter. The Microsoft system folder will open.
Find the media player folder. Right-click by clicking on it, press Shift and click on the “Delete” theme.
Restart your computer. Even when Windows starts, Windows Media Player restores the Windows Media Player database.
How to uninstall Windows Media Player?
1. First, open what I would say the Settings app by searching the Start Menu or simply clicking on the All Settings option in the Action Center. For the equivalent of one person
2. After opening the current application settings, go to the “Apps?” section. Applications and features”. In the right pane, click on those specific “Additional Features” under “Apps &
3. This action directs the person to additional page features. Loading a list of installed additional lineaments may take a few seconds. once seen
2. In the PowerShell window, run the following command. After running the PowerShell command, it will uninstall Windows Media Player.
How do you fix Windows Media Player Cannot play the file the player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file?
Permission. To resolve this issue, set Windows Media Player to automatically download codecs. Go to the “Player” tab, click to find a collection of codecs with automatic loading, then click “OK”. Try it when you need to read the file.
How do you fix this Windows Media Player Cannot play the file the player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file?
You need to download directly to Windows Media Player to download codecs directly. And if each of our errors says “The codec doesn’t even support video”, you may need to uninstall the old codec to get your preferred codec pack. The codec can also be obtained entirely from a third party.
How do I fix Windows Media Player error codec?
To solve the idea problem, directly configure Windows Player support to automatically download codecs. To do this in Windows Media Player 11, follow these steps: From the Tools menu, select Options. Select the Buy Player tab, select the Automatically download codecs checkbox, and click OK.
Ermias is a tech writer with a passion for helping people solve Windows problems. He loves to write and share his knowledge with others in the hope that they can benefit from it. He’s been writing about technology and software since he was in college, and has been an avid Microsoft fan ever since he first used Windows 95.