Sophos Anti-Virus — Error 1721.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
If you’re encountering Windows 10 error 1721 when trying to install Windows apps, you can rely on the Install and Uninstall a Program troubleshooter to fix the app. The troubleshooter helps you fix issues automatically when you get stuck installing or uninstalling an app. In addition, it restores damaged keys of the computer’s system registry.
Install Sophos on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and r2, Windows SBS 2011 1 Log in to Sophos Central Admin. 2 Go to device security. 3 Endpoint under Security, tap Download Full Windows Installer. 4 Run the installer after the download is complete.
Just find all Sophos Anti-Virus removal keys. Antivirus sophos should consider this a must. Find a computer that has a specific version of Sophos Anti-Virus installed and navigate to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus folder.
Why do I get Windows Installer error 1721?
Windows Installer error 1721 is used either when the Windows Installer is frequently damaged or corrupted, or when there is a problem that prevents a program from being installed. Therefore, users should fix runtime error 1721 when installing or uninstalling any program.
What is Error 1721?
Error 1721 is an Install Shield error code indicating that the installation process failed.
How do I fix error 1721?
error 1721 in windows 10
- Method 1: Installation service for Windows computers. Restart the entire Windows Services Installer observing the following precautions and see if it helps: …
- Method 2: Run the What You Can See tool. …
- Fix problems that prevent programs from being installed or uninstalled normally (applies to Windows prior to 10)
- Method 3: Install in compatibility mode.
How do I fix installer error 1721?
Error 1721 1722 when installing software
- Press Windows Most Important + R to open cost order.
- Enter Services. msc and press Enter.
- Right click “Windows Installer” and reset the service.
- Right click again, open the service and try to configure the program.
What does the error 1721 [ or 1722 ] mean?
Click the “More Information” button to view an extract of all log files containing the actual “Error 1721 [or 1722]” message. There is almost certainly something wrong with this Windows Installer package. The program started as the installation position did not exit properly.
Ermias is a tech writer with a passion for helping people solve Windows problems. He loves to write and share his knowledge with others in the hope that they can benefit from it. He’s been writing about technology and software since he was in college, and has been an avid Microsoft fan ever since he first used Windows 95.