Use Your Audio Device in Another Computer The first thing you should do is to check if your speakers or headphones are faulty.
Run the Sound Troubleshooter Windows 10 comes with many useful troubleshooters and one is used to solve audio and sound problems.
Re-enable Your Sound Card
Update the Sound Card Driver
Disable HDMI Sound
Disable Front Panel Jack Detection
To prevent Windows 10 from connecting speakers or headphones, you can disable and then re-enable the audio greeting. Step 1 Right-click: Start button and select Device Manager. Do it: Expand “Audio, video and game controllers” and right-click on your audio to select “Credit cards” and select “Disconnect device”. Step 3: Wait a few seconds and activate your own sound card.
You can also change your current default audio playback device and see if that helps. To do this, right-click on the volume icon and select Playback Devices. There you can choose headphones and external speakers. They will also try to update and test the audio software.
How do you fix the no speakers or headphones are plugged in error?
How do I troubleshoot my speakers or headphones?
- Update the audio driver.
- Reactivate the corporate card. Try
- Headphones/speakers on only one other computer.
- Re-enable disabled devices.
- Mute HDMI audio.
- Turn off pre-detection panel connector.
- Run the Audio Troubleshooter.
- Restart the Windows audio service.
How to fix no speakers or headphones are plugged in error?
This is useful when a speaker is not connected or you need to troubleshoot a headset error. Step 1: Open Control Panel and go to Hardware and Sound > Realtek HD Manager Audio Tracks. Step 2: Go to connection options and disable the “Disable Front Panel Connector Detection” option.
How do you fix no speakers or headphones are plugged in Windows 10?
- Update the entire audio driver. Right-click on the “Start Management” button and select “Device Manager”.
- Reactivate the current sound card.
- Try your headphones/speakers on another computer.
- Reactivate disabled devices.
- Mute HDMI master audio.
- Disable the touch connector on the front panel.
- Run the Audio Troubleshooter.
- Restart the Windows Audio service.
How do I stop my speakers from playing when my headphones are plugged in Windows 7?
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar and select “Volume Control Options”.
- Check “Play sound every second” on any button.
- Make sure that your company has disabled the communication device by default.
- Place a reflective label on the two speakers and therefore on the headphones.
How do you fix no speakers or headphones are plugged in Windows 7?
Method 4: Disable front panel audio jack detection
- Left-click on the start menu and type Realtek Audio HD Manager.
- Open HD Realtek Audio Manager and select the Speakers tab.
- In advanced device modalities folder, click . The connection settings will open.
- Select Disable Front Panel Connector.
- Click OK.
- Check your sound system and headphones.
How do I turn off speakers when headphones are plugged in Windows 7?
Click the Mute and Unmute Speakers icon to turn off the sound.
Ermias is a tech writer with a passion for helping people solve Windows problems. He loves to write and share his knowledge with others in the hope that they can benefit from it. He’s been writing about technology and software since he was in college, and has been an avid Microsoft fan ever since he first used Windows 95.